Teamwork makes the dream work
You may be familiar with the phrase "Teamwork makes the dream work" that phrase really strikes a chord spiken there is so much to get out of teamwork than many may realize. Having a strong team that works well together provides many benefits for companies, from increased productivity to happier, more committed staff who want to continue working for the business.
So how do you get your staff to work better as a team?
It's not as simple as just telling the staff that they need to work as a team, you need to be able to nurture your team by offering team building opportunities. This can be within the work environment or away from the workplace. Some companies have had a lot of success by organizing team building activities during "days off", where employees can participate in a problem-solving activity.
Reward good teamwork
When you see good examples of your team working well together, make sure it does not go unnoticed. If you can reward it in any way, it will encourage teamwork, both for the people who receive the reward and for those who see that it has been rewarded. You can even have a regular reward for the best example of teamwork. Employees for lunch.
Smart goals and behavioral goals
With relevant and common goals, focus and direction are created in the business.
Find out which goals are relevant by starting from what is important to follow up in the business in order for it to develop in the right direction. Some can be common goals, others can be set for the respective employees.
There are different types of goals. Two of the most common types are so-called "smart goals" and behavioral goals.
Characteristic of a smart goal
- Specific - The first cornerstone of the SMART goals concept is that the goals must be specific. That a goal is specific means that it is very precise and well defined and that one can not misinterpret it in any way. To take as an example, a non-specific goal could be that you "should save money every month"While an equivalent specific objective would be"save SEK 2,000 every month”. You should always set specific goals as they are easier to follow and easier to see if you have achieved them.
- Measurable - The next point is about the goals being measurable. As we mentioned in the previous point, it is therefore important that it is easy to know when you have met the goal. If, for example, the goal is to “be fit“It is very difficult to know when you have actually achieved the goal. I mean who can answer when you are fit? There is no direct measure of that. Instead, it should be possible to measure and as an example, one could aim to "lift 100 kg in bench press”.
- Accepted - It is very important that you can stand behind your goals and thus accept its meaning. This point becomes even more important if there are several people involved in the case. If it is a company that has set a goal, it is important that everyone involved accepts the goal.
- Realistic - It is very important that the goal is reasonable and realistic. But at the same time, the goals must not be too easy either. Strive to set goals that are challenging but within a realistic framework so that you feel that it is all possible.
- Time-bound - When setting goals, it is important that you have a clear start and end date. Above all, it is important to set a specific time when the goal must be met. If you do not do this, you lose the effect of fighting to reach the goal in time. And at the same time, it is easy to constantly postpone the goal. Set a date on all your goals.
Behavioral goals - another smart method
With a behavioral goal, each component is concretized individually, it is followed up with relevant questions that answer the question of measurability: what support is needed, what strengths and weaknesses exist, how should the group work together and what is the individual's responsibility to achieve the goal. Which strategy is the most advantageous and what resources are available.
Personnel developer - Training
Organizational and personnel developers in society
Do you want to work with personnel issues and business development? Then the education Organizational and personnel developers in society is right for you.
University of Borås Personnel development training
Foresight Team development
We offer basic training in team development, personal development, leadership development and project management. We have all the tools, exercises and skills needed for our customer to have a long-term development.
Submit a request for interest when you are interested in hiring a staff developer or if you are applying for a training for staff development.
Staff development with CoachLange
Synonyms for development
- improvement, growth, maturation, progress, progress, improvement, progression, evolution, upswing, increase; process, event, process